Location: Newmarket, Suffolk
Hours: Full Time, Permanent
Remuneration and Benefits:
• £25-30,000 (depending on experience).
• Discretionary annual performance bonus.
• Medical health insurance.
• Flexible working hours.
• 20 days holiday + bank holidays.
• Long service holiday rewards.
• Free parking.
• A friendly and mature company culture that trusts employees and encourages a work-life balance.
Aluminati is a UK-based organisation that creates sophisticated and engaging online services for world leading educational institutions. Our products are used by hundreds of thousands of people across the world.
Having grown steadily through positive word of mouth referrals and premium sponsorship of the industry conference circuit, we are now looking to bring in a highly resourceful and creative marketing professional for this Marketing and Communications Specialist role, to create and execute a marketing plan across a range of media to increase brand awareness and accelerate growth. As the founding member of our marketing function, a successful person in this position has great potential for progression and additional responsibilities as our team expands.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Create marketing plans for our various products across different market segments.
- Plan and execute targeted marketing and communications campaigns and advertising across print, email, web and video.
- Campaign data analysis and reporting.
- Copywriting e.g. for materials, adverts, blog articles, client site articles, whitepapers.
- Interviewing clients and users to develop success stories.
- Manage the delivery of marketing collateral with the designer and printers.
- Manage social media channels (e.g. Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn) and monitor stats.
- Manage, update and develop company website pages.
- Write and distribute a company newsletter to current clients and followers.
- Event organisation: company conferences and sponsorship of sector events.
- Research, source and procure giveaways/merchandise/equipment for conferences.
- Ensure that the Aluminati brand and marketing activities remains in line with the wider company strategy and objectives.
- Identify new marketing opportunities and keep up to date with marketing law, emerging marketing channels, latest trends and technologies.
- Assist in ongoing research, competitor analysis and reporting.
- Liaise with partners and external suppliers.
- Administration and budget management.
- Ad hoc team support duties.
As the ideal candidate for this Marketing and Communications Specialist role you will have had solid marketing and communications experience with the ability to write, edit and produce high quality, creative content, targeted at different audiences for different media. Experience of digital marketing campaigns is particularly desirable.
Experience of technology (especially SaaS software) and/or higher education marketing would be highly advantageous.
A degree or equivalent would be beneficial, but is not essential for candidates with a proven track record. A marketing-related qualification would be an advantage.
Key personal qualities:
- Highly proactive self-starter with strong initiative and resourcefulness
- Ability to manage and organise multiple workloads, deadlines, and projects
- Impeccable written English with a creative flair
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- An inquisitive nature and ability to learn independently
- Understanding of customer segmentation
- Ability to work with and interpret data to inform decision making and assess the success of campaign activity
- Able to collaborate with a team
Please send your application to email@example.com and include a cover letter along with your CV. If you have a portfolio of materials produced that would be useful although not mandatory. Top applicants will be invited for an interview which may consist of a telephone and then onsite interview in Newmarket. Where appropriate, Skype interviews may be agreed for those looking to relocate.
We receive a lot of applications and are unable to reply to them all. If you have not heard back from us within three weeks, your application has been unsuccessful.
No agencies please.